Support Waterfall & Agile Development
- Multi level management requirements
- Capturing Epics, User Stories, assignment and management releases & backlog
- Assign tasks and set iteration
- Managing the requirement life cycle
- Design to production (blocked included)
- Display burn down/burn up chart, iteration and release progress, velocity reports and more
- Allow point-based requirement pricing and scoring, complexity, etc., (including tasks cap)
- Support prioritization within releases and iterations according to multiple parameters
- Support a fully functional task board
MSP prevents developers from being forced to transfer from their development work-spaces to an external PPM system for time recording while applying Agile development. MSP integrates configuration management systems (such as Microsoft TFS) and unifying the entities in a way that once status is reported all other systems are automatically updated.
MSP is a pioneer in delivering a single solution for de-siloing the organization and creating a smooth seamless delivery and business unit interface.
MSP ‘s target audience is not limited to project and portfolio managers but spans across all management levels.
MSP applies a flexible accountability driven, role based workflow to support actions and decisions as they go through the corporate "gating" process.
Traditional project management best practices are suited for managing waterfall-style IT projects. Internal development in IT, however, is shifting more and more toward iterative, rather than waterfall-based, application development. There is a need to combine both the PPM-related needs of agile development methods and the traditional application development.
A corporation would most likely include both approaches across different departments.
Agile development teams will find in MSP reports and tools required for agile methods. MSP solution allows Agile teams to work with MSP as part of the organization’s framework. While Agile development teams will gain useful tools such as sprint planning screen, burn-down reports and other Agile abilities, the organization will gain the ability to manage its capacity, budget control and make decisions based on real time aggregate reports.
MSP provides such Agile abilities while providing “traditional” team tools to work alongside standard development tools.